Transition 1 & 2
Long Term Athletic Development: SwimSkills
As a member of Transition swimmers should be able to:
- Attend at least two (ideally three) sessions a week.
- Perform all four strokes legally and have a working knowledge of the laws of starts and turns.
- Use the pace clock.
- Have a positive attitude to training both technically and physically.
- Have sufficient mental and physical development to train at a low level.
- Have adequate land discipline.
- Show a desire to compete at DSC ‘Splash Nights’, annual Club Championships and a minimum of two open meets a year if age requirements are met.
The aim of this squad will be to:
- Provide consistency of performance of techniques of all four strokes under ASA law.
- Provide consistency of starting and turning skills under ASA law.
- Introduce Team and Open Meet competition.
- Refine training skills.
- Provide increased aerobic and short sprint training.
- Ensure that all strokes are safe enough for distance and intensity to be increased without injury.
- To build skills and application through Open competition. Provide preparation for competitive swimming in both open & team events.