Long Term Athletic Development Stage: Training to Train
As a member of Performance Squad swimmers should be able to:
- Attend at a minimum of four sessions per week with additional cardio workouts outside the pool, including a minimum of at least one gym/cardio session per week.
- Potential to achieve at Regional/National Level.
- Proven performance at County level in multiple strokes and distances with at least one stroke at Regional Level.
- A positive attitude to training both technically and physically (also focusing on anaerobic development).
- Compete in a minimum of four open meets per year in order to gain qualifying entry times for County/Regional/National competitions.
The aim of this squad will be to:
- Provide consistency of performance of techniques of all four strokes to a high level.
- Provide consistency of starting and turning skills under ASA law to a high level.
- Provide a balanced competition programme.
- To have full knowledge of SMART goals for each periodised plan.
- Retain training skills including heart rate monitoring, target time use and provide increased test sets.
- Provide further increased anaerobic, short sprint training and significant anaerobic training.
- Provide access to nutritional and psychological knowledge and skill development.
- Targeting regional/national qualification.