Competition BAGCAT Squad
Long Term Athletic Development: SwimSkills/Learning to Train
As a member of Competition BAGCAT swimmers should be able to:
- Attend at a minimum of three (ideally four) sessions per week.
- Perform at County level in multiple strokes and distances.
- Have a positive attitude to training both technically and physically.
- Have an appropriate background of training.
- Have impeccable lane discipline.
- Compete in a minimum of four open meets per year in order to gain qualifying entry times for County/Regional competitions.
The aim of this squad will be to:
- Provide consistency of performance of techniques of all four strokes to a high level.
- Provide consistency of starting and turning skills under ASA law to a high level.
- Improve pacing skills for competition.
- Provide a balanced competition programme.
- Introduce new training skills including heart rate monitoring, target time use and test sets.
- Provide further increased aerobic and short sprint training.
- Implement SMART goals and an Action Plan in order to achieve these goals.
- Improvement of all competitive swimming skills providing a balanced competition programme of swimming training.